Sunday, November 21, 2010

Update

It seems that all I do on blogger is post updates....well here's the latest installment : )

Today marks 6 months until Graduation from Pharmacy School. I am excited yet terrified at the same time. I am ecstatic about graduating and ending the formal school portion of my life, but have no idea where I'll go or what I'll be doing.  I know that I want to be an independent pharmacist...not work for a chain pharmacy or for a hospital.  That however, makes finding a job increasingly difficult. Most pharmacies do not advertise for pharmacists...it is all word of mouth or who you know or going door-to-door asking if anyone is hiring. 

I am not totally without options at this point though. The man I worked for in Big Spring wants me to come back and work for him again at the Leonard's stores, but I am just not sure that is a good move for me. There is a lot of history at those stores...some good, some bad...AND it's in Big Spring.  Not a very exciting place to live and not many friends in that area.  It would be nice to see my parents more often, and to be part of a small-ish community, but I'm having a hard time making a decision.

Recently I decided that I would like to get to know the customers I interact with at whatever pharmacy I end up at as well as get involved in the community and stay there for a long time. This is a totally foreign way of life for me, as I haven't lived anywhere for longer than 6 years.  It is normal for me to move every few years.  

There's also the boyfriend to think about. We haven't talked about the future and really I'm concentrating on the now rather than then, but that leaves a huge unknown in the future.

In short, my life is a huge ? after May 21, 2011.

No comments: