Monday, October 31, 2011

Can I get an upgrade??

I modified this one a little from "update" to "upgrade". The most important reason is that I've been "upgraded" to Pharmacist instead of lowly pharmacy student and previously technician trainee.  All my hard work and diligence paid off and I graduated in May with my Doctorate of Pharmacy degree! :) Huge yay and relief!  Surprise, surprise I also passed by board exams and recently received my license. (I would post a picture, but it's at Hobby Lobby waiting to be framed.  


After passing my boards I loaded up and moved back home - literally - to Big Spring and to my parent's house to work for Prescription Services, a compounding pharmacy in town.  I love my job because I basically get to play all day and get paid for it! Who wouldn't like that??  I try to mix in a little actual work every now and again also to make the boss happy ;).


Chuck is still in Amarillo, so we are doing the long-distance thing and burning up the pavement between here and there each weekend.  It is working well so far and we are both adjusting to being apart.  He has started looking for a job in this area and has a possible lead that may develop into something somewhere down the road.  We are not in a rush to get him moved without a good job here though, since it's a rough time to be without one.  We are making it work though and enjoying the time we have together even more than when we saw each other every day.


Most recent news is that I finally joined the Mac world and bough a MacBook Pro.  I love it so far and am enjoying learning all the cool tricks it can do!  Hopefully I will be motivated to keep up online again with my nifty new computer, but as usual, we will see how it goes. I tend to get distracted at night and want to "veg out" after work. 

No comments: